Businesses must support the ecommerce checklist guide
Businesses should support the new Commerce checklist guide by providing the following information: • Businesses with fewer than 15 employees can be eligible for a one-time waiver to help them expand.
• Businesss with fewer, or no employees, are eligible to receive a two-year waiver for their business.
• A business with less than 15 workers can request a waiver for its employees.
• An entity with more than 15 businesses can request an exemption for up to 30 of its businesses.
• If a business qualifies for an exemption, the business must submit a request to the State of Delaware to have the exemption applied for.
• All businesses receiving exemptions must also submit the following documents: • An annual report.
• Certified copies of the business’s annual report and the annual tax return.
• The business’s current tax information.
• Proof that the business is exempt from the sales tax.
• Documentation of the number of employees that is less than or equal to 15 employees.
Source: Delaware Department of Revenue/State of Delaware Department for Taxation and Finance.
The Delaware Department For Taxation And Finance is offering a free copy of the new checklist guide for businesses.
If you have questions about the checklist, contact the department’s toll-free customer service line at 856-438-5100 or go to Delaware.gov/business to get assistance.